Ten years ago, Steve Jobs introduced the iPhone and, since then, Apple has taken the tech world by storm. Now they’re releasing new devices that are set to top every watch and phone on the market today.
So, is it time to upgrade your devices? Avery Swartz has done the research so you don’t have to.
Apple Watch Series 3
- This is the first wearable device in Canada to employ advanced Voiceover LTE (VoLTE) network technology. You’ll now be able to take and make calls, as well as send and receive text messages.
- You can stream music thanks to the cellular connection through Apple Music directly from your wrist, which is great news for fitness fans.
- The Apple watch is now the number one watch in the world, overtaking Rolex.
- It has an all-glass design (i.e. there is glass on both the front and back of the phone). Worried about the glass breaking? Apple has stressed the glass is “the most durable” ever used in a smartphone.
- The front of the phone is all screen—literally. The display covers the full face of the device, with the exception of a small sliver at the top for the camera.
- It offers something totally different: the ability to unlock by scanning and recognizing your face.
- The phone has two hours more battery life than the iPhone 7.
- It comes in two colours: silver and space gray.
iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus
- The phones have the same curves and overall styling of the 7 phones
- It’s rated to handle up to 3.3 ft of water for three minutes
- It has wireless charging
- The starting storage size is a roomy 64GB, which is double that of the iPhone 7
- It comes in three colours: silver, space gray, and gold