Whether you’re having a baby or shopping for someone who is, there’s an endless amount of items lining the store shelves. The options can be overwhelming and, frankly, a little boring.
ELLE Canada’s Katherine Flemming has the perfect products to elevate the art of gift giving. Seriously, this is some of the most chic baby gear on the market.
PRODUCTS FOR CHANGING DIAPERS
Changing Matty from Leander
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This new non-slip silicone changing mat is soft, portable, waterproof and a cinch to clean.
Enamour Diaper Rash Balm, $24
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This is from a plant-based beauty line out of Quebec and contains lavender, tea tree and coconut oil, which are anti-microbial and very healing.
Consonant Health Baby Body Lotion, $27
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This lotion is free of many harsh chemicals and contains soothing calendula.
Bambino Mio Swim Diapers, $22
- WHY IT’S GREAT: The diapers are perfect for all summer activities; they are easy to slip on and are available in super cute patterns.
LoveFresh Sun Stick, $15
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This no-mess sunscreen contains zinc and raspberry oils, which are gentle on the skin.
The Honest Company City Backpack, $150
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Not only is this knapsack chic and minimalist (which you can totally use post baby), it’s a great hands-free option—especially if you have a toddler to chase around.
Solly Wraps from designer Caitlin Wilson, $80
- WHY IT’S GREAT: These gorgeous wraps are made of a soft and stretchy modal material, derived from beechwood trees.
OVer Covers, $50
- WHY IT’S GREAT: These multi-purpose car seat covers protect against the elements (like sun and wind) without overheating your baby. Bonus: they also work as nursing covers and shopping cart germ protectants!
Stokke Xplory Athleisure Stroller
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This gorgeous stroller has a newborn insert, so it works right from birth. Plus, it has quick drying fabric and breathable elements, like a mesh canopy, which make it perfect for parents always on-the-go.
Lorena Canals rug, $300
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Let’s be real: babies manage to trash pretty much everything in our home, and this handmade rug (which is so soft) is super easy to wash.
PRODUCTS FOR FEEDING
Nook Niche Nursing Pillow, $100
- WHY IT’S GREAT: For the early days of nursing, this nursing pillow gives mom support. It’s washable and composed of organic materials.
Nursing bras from Dairy Fairy
- WHY IT’S GREAT: These stylish nursing bras elevate the stressful and challenging nature of breastfeeding, and they look like gorgeous, “real” bras.
Beaba Rose Gold BabyCook, $150
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Once the baby is onto solid food, this handy appliance can cook veggies, meat and fish from the earliest stages to toddlerhood.
Masala Baby Bibs, $36
- WHY IT’S GREAT: They are really, really cute. Need we say more?
PRODUCTS FOR SLEEPING
Dock a Tot
- WHY IT’S GREAT: This is the must-have baby item of the moment, and for good reason. It creates a womb-like environment for your wee one, which can translate to more sleep for parents.
The Pieces Play Mats
- WHY IT’S GREAT: These ultra-cushioned foam mats are incredibly easy to wipe down, hypoallergenic and antimicrobial. Just roll them up and drag them wherever you’d like!
Ollie Swaddle, $59
- WHY IT’S GREAT: If your baby likes being wrapped up, this swaddle is for you. It’s adjustable from newborn to 8 months in a moisture-wicking material. The best part? The tie at the bottom allows you to change your baby in the middle of the night without unwrapping the entire thing.
Doddle & Co The Pop Pacifiers, $10
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Some babies love a pacifier for sleeping, and these ones are amazing because they pop shut once they fall out of the baby’s mouth, so you never have to worry about getting them dirty.