As our gift guide week comes to a close, we saved the most forgotten—but often most important—for last. You know who we're talking about...the people who walk our dogs, do our hair, and take care of our kids.
Lifestyle and gifting expert Liv Judd Soye shares the best affordable gift ideas for the people who give to us all year.
Food and drink gifts
The holidays are about entertaining so consider a gift that they can use, eat and drink during the holidays.
The Art of the Cheese Plate book ($45)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: Who doesn't love a good cheese board? The one we featured in this segment is from Indigo, and they have plenty of other great options (like the one pictured above).
Food and drink gift sets
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This book succeeds by matching some of the world's greatest cheeses with unexpected, seasonally inspired flavors and textures and presents a composed cheese plate as a fun, modern, and accessible option for delicious entertaining.
Some great options include:
Sloane Tea ($18-20)
The Little Book of Cocktails ($9.95)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: There are various teas to choose from, including Chocolate Truffle, Blood Orange Oolong, Signature Black, Tropical Green and Citron Calm. Pair a tin of tea with a 1qt stainless steel teapot with infuser, available at HomeSense.
Curry: 85 Classic Recipes cookbook ($20)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This bestselling book includes more than 150 recipes for classic cocktails, martinis, punches, tropical drinks, etc... Pair it with a holiday boxed set of 750mL Grey Goose vodka from LCBO!
Household and other practical gifts
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This is a great addition to any home chef's cookbook collection. Pair it with Indian style spice blends, available at HomeSense ($9.99).
These are small, thoughtful items that can be used around the house and home.
Tonic Blooms Merry Bouquet ($65)
- Cartier Stationary ($80)
- Liberty Print Notebook, available at HomeSense ($7.99)
- Feather-shaped bowl, available at Indigo ($22)
- Feather Pen ($12)
- Mason Jars with blackboard chalk decals, available at HomeSense ($9.99)
- Stainless steel water jug, available at HomeSense ($29)
- Set of four marble coasters, available at HomeSense ($12.99)
- Jam jar, available at Indigo ($39.99)
- Bone Handle German Stainless Steel Chef's Knife, available at HomeSense ($49.99)
Classic Maasai ($32)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: You can say anything with flowers, and this arrangement from Tonic Blooms comes with a free bag of Squish candy! Bonus: all arrangements are delivered on-demand within the GTA in as little as two hours!
Beauty and fashion gifts
Faux Fur Scarf ($49)
- WHY IT’S GREAT: Using traditional art forms, each piece is handcrafted by a skilled artisan in Kenya who is empowered to earn a fair wage for their trade. Due to the unique nature of these handmade items, colours and patterns may vary.
Nest Candle Trio Set in Holiday, Birchwood Pine, Hearth ($80)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This scarf is super luxurious and fashionable.
Barbiere Baskit ($65)
- WHY THEY'RE GREAT: This trio of boxed candles come in three delightful scents, plus they look great!
Men's Socks ($15 or less)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This shaving kit includes everything a man needs to groom his facial hair.
Benefit Holiday Collectable Limited Edition sets ($34-$58)
- WHY THEY'RE GREAT: These colourful and printed socks for men are anything but boring.
Smashbox Limited Edition Makeup Sets ($30-$65)
- WHY THEY'RE GREAT: Benefit has many makeup sets for everything from mascara and primer to blush tint and brow liner—perfect for any makeup-lover!
Fresh Zodiac Sign Soap ($18 each)
- WHY THEY'RE GREAT: California-based abstract artist Meryl Pataky collaborated on the packaging and the limited-time collection features bestselling makeup kits for face, eyes and lips.
The Body Shop lipgloss and body butter duo ($10)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This is a limited-edition vegetable-based soap for clean, smooth skin, infused with an alluring scent that celebrates your zodiac sign.
- WHY IT'S GREAT: All of the scents smell so good!
The Body Shop Gift Box ($45)
Bite Beauty Amuse Bouche Lipstick Duo ($17)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: These gift box includes a variety of some great-smelling products.
Fresh 'Sugar Lip Seduction' set ($70)
- WHY IT'S GREAT: There's lipstick at either end!
- WHY IT'S GREAT: This is a sweet set of seven lip-pleasing shades.