What Makes a Great Video?
Here are some tips to think about when making your TWO videos. If you are submitting both as a solo artist and as a group you will need to submit two applications and separate videos for this part.
Video 1: “INTRODUCE YOURSELF”
- Tell us your hometown, age, music career etc.
- Tell us who you are. What is your story?
- Why do you want to be part of The Launch?
- Tell us which artists have influenced you and why
- Tell us what/who first inspired you to get into music
- Tell us how music has changed your life
Video 2: “PERFORM”
We want to see a video of you singing a song that best describes you as an artist or a group. Have someone accompany you if you don’t play an instrument. Choose a song that shows us the full range of your talent and sing it like you own it!
- Perform a cover song
- Songs can be by any artist, any genre
- No a cappella
- Accompany yourself or have someone accompany you
- Accompaniment is preferred, however you can sing to backtracks
The number one thing is: BE YOURSELF! We also want to get to know you or your group. Tell us about yourself. If you are in a group, tell us about each other and how you became a group. We want to hear your story.
This show is about performing, singing, collaborating and creating a hit song. Perform your heart out! What we’re looking for is the most talented artist and we want to see the real you in your video. And don’t forget to have fun!
*Please do not include artwork, brands or logos of any kind – this could appear on clothing, posters, walls, etc.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, as this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, as this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video, so ambient noises won’t distract us from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and/or when it’s windy as the wind will distort the microphone.
- Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
Size and Format:
- We highly recommend that you create and upload a new video specifically for this application.
- You have the option to upload your video or provide a link from YouTube or Vimeo. If you are providing a link, please ensure that your video is unlisted and password protected.
- Please ensure your video is less than 80MB and in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi,mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.