- All applicants must complete the online application form (“Online Application”) to apply to the Launch (the “Program”), which includes:
a) submitting an audition video which features you singing a cover song or mash-up and telling us a little a bit about yourself;
b) submitting up to two photos;
c) filling out the Online Application form; and
d) agreeing to the Online Agreement and Release.
- You must be at least 13 years of age by April 20th, 2017 to apply. If you are under the age of majority in your province, state or country in which you reside as of April 20th, 2017 (for example, you are under the “Age of Majority” if you are: i) under 18 years of age and reside in Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, Prince Edward Island, Quebec & Saskatchewan; and (ii) under 19 years of age and reside in British Columbia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, Northwest Territories, Nova Scotia, Nunavut and Yukon) your parent and/or legal guardian must agree to the Online Application, including the Online Agreement and Release, and your parent and/or legal guardian must also provide his/her name and email information where indicated in the Online Application. This contact information will be used to confirm that your parent and/or legal guardian has agreed to the Online Application, including the Online Agreement and Release. If you are selected to be a participant in the program, you and your parent or legal guardian must complete and sign the Participant Agreement and a parent or legal guardian release form.
- If you are applying on behalf of a group, please ensure that you have consent of all members of the group, and if any member of the group is under the Age of Majority, you will need the consent and a name and email address of his/her parent or legal guardian as per the above Section 3.
- Employees, officers, directors and agents of Insight Launch Ltd. (“Producer”), Bell Media Inc. (“Bell Media”) and Big Machine Music, LLC (“Big Machine”) are not eligible to be a participant on the Program or participate in the application process. Additionally, Producer, Bell Media, Big Machine reserve the right to render ineligible any person who they determine, in their sole discretion, is sufficiently connected with the production or distribution of the Program such that his/her participation in the Program could result in or create the appearance of impropriety.
- You must be willing and be legally able to travel to or within Canada, on such dates and locations as Producer shall designate, in its sole discretion.
- You must be available and be able to commit to all the filming days required. You understand that filming for the Program is scheduled to take place in Toronto, Canada, anytime between August, September or October 2017 and that you will be required to be available for approximately 5-6 days during such period as determined by Producer in its sole discretion. If you are chosen to participate, it is your responsibility to make any necessary personal and financial arrangements with your family and employers or school in anticipation of your absence. You will also be required to participate in additional activities related to the Program (ie. publicity and promotional requirements, social media initiatives, sponsorship activities, etc.) as determined by Producer.
- If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you will be videotaped, filmed, portrayed, photographed and otherwise have recordings of you and your actions broadcast throughout the duration of the Program and broadcast in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity, at the sole discretion of the Producer.
- If you are chosen to participate in the Program, you must complete the participant form package, which will be provided by the Producer and will include, but is not limited to: a participant agreement and release, psychological and medical assessments, confidentiality agreement, an option agreement, a parent or legal guardian release form (if you are under the Age of Majority), and other additional information as required by Producer. You may also have to submit to physical and psychological examinations by medical professional(s) selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements, if required.
- To apply or participate in the Program, you cannot be currently signed to any label or have any obligations that would impact your ability to sign the Option Agreement.
- If we are interested in having you on the show, you must be willing and be able to sign a standard option agreement (“Option Agreement”) with Bell Media and Big Machine or any of their subsidiary or affiliated companies. If we have contacted you and you are being considered as a potential participant in the Program, Producer will provide you with a copy of the Option Agreement.
- If you are under the Age of Majority and are chosen to participate in the Program, your parent or legal guardian must accompany you during production and any additional activities related to the Program (ie. publicity and promotional requirements, social media initiatives, sponsorship activities, etc.).
- You cannot have a criminal record or pending criminal charges. By applying to participate in the Program, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, and any other types of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
The application deadline at this time is May 10, 2017 at 11:59 p.m. ET, but may be changed at any time.
All audition materials you send us (including videotape(s) and photo(s)) will be retained by the Producer and Bell Media, and will become the property of the Producer and Bell Media, and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant in the Program. Any expenses you incur during the application process including internet usage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape(s), photo(s), etc.) are your sole responsibility. Producer will not reimburse you for these expenses.