What Makes a Great Video?
Here are some tips to think about when making your video:
Videos should be no longer than three (3) minutes in length. Both teammates need to be in ONE video and you can only submit ONE video per application.
The two most important things to focus on when creating your application video are: BE YOURSELVES AND BRING ENERGY! We want to get to know you both. Who you are as individuals and who you are as a team. Tell us about yourself and your teammate. How will your personalities affect your experience on the race? How will you interact with the other teams? How will you interact with each other? When describing yourself, remember to cite real-life examples. We love a good story!
We want to see a video of two teammates talking, interacting and being yourselves – we generally do not consider a picture montage to be a great application video.
This is a show about relationships, so let us know how your relationship with your teammate will help you win this race. We’re not looking for the best skit or who is wearing the wackiest costumes and you don’t need to prove you’re the show’s biggest fan. What we’re looking for is real people and we want to see the real you in your video. Tell us what skills and life experiences you and your teammate bring to the race and why this is important for you to do this together RIGHT NOW.
We really want to see how the two of you interact with each other. If you cannot get together to make a video, you'll have to figure out a way to edit both of you into the same video. It’s been done before so feel free to get creative.
As this is a show about teams and relationships we will NOT be accepting any solo race applications.
If you come from a unique region or area of the country, talk about where you’re from, how it’s a part of your personality, or how it may help you do well on The Amazing Race Canada. If you have an interesting job, talk about your job and how those skills may help you on the Race.
Most importantly, tell us why you want to win and what kind of competitive nature will you bring to The Amazing Race Canada.
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, as this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, as this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Do NOT add ANY MUSIC to your video.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video, so ambient noises won’t distract us from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and/or when it’s windy as the wind will distort the microphone.
File Size and Format:
- Your video will be viewed on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
Please ensure your video is 100MB or less and in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi,mp4, mov. If you are having any technical difficulties with your video upload, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT WAIT UNTIL THE FINAL DAYS OF THE CASTING CALL TO ASK FOR HELP!