The video is optional, however if you decide to submit a video as part of your application, here are some tips.
What Makes a Great Video?
Here are some tips to think about when making your video.
Videos should be no longer than three (3) minutes in length. You can only submit ONE video per application.
Be yourself! We want to get to know you. Why do you want to be Canada’s next MasterChef? What role does food play in your life? What inspires you in the kitchen?
Is cooking a big part of your family experience and your background? Do you have dreams of a career in food? Has something held you back? Tell us about it.
This is a show about people with big personalities, big dreams and big skills who want to pursue a culinary excellence. Tell us what skills and life experiences you’ll bring to the MasterChef kitchen and what you think you’ll get out of the experience.
PLEASE AVOID WEARING OR FILMING ANY BRANDS/LOGOS
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, as this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, as this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Please ensure your video does not include background music of any kind.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video so ambient noises won’t distract from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and when it’s windy, the wind will distort the microphone.
- Your video will be shown on a TV. Please shoot your video like you would see it on a TV. Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
Size and Format:
Please ensure your video and photos combined are less than 75MB. Your video should be in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi, mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.