1. If you are selected by the Producer for an interview for MasterChef Canada, season VI (the “Program”), you must be willing to participate in that interview at a time to be scheduled by MCC VI Productions Limited, wholly owned by Boat Rocker Media Inc. (“Producer”) in its sole discretion.
2. You must be available and able to commit to all the filming days required. You understand that filming is scheduled to take place anytime between November – December 2018 for approximately forty (40) days, or on such dates to be determined by Producer in its sole discretion. If you are chosen to participate, it is your responsibility to make any necessary personal and financial arrangements with your employers and family in anticipation of your extended absence from home and work.
3. The Program will consist of a number of culinary and team challenges that may be physically and mentally challenging. If you are chosen to participate, you will be videotaped, filmed, portrayed, photographed and otherwise have recordings of you and your actions broadcast throughout the duration of the Program and broadcast in perpetuity in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the universe in perpetuity (“Media”), at the sole discretion of the Producer.
4. You must be willing and legally able to travel within Canada, on such dates and to such locations as Producer shall designate in its sole discretion.
5. One (1) person will have the chance to win a cash prize and/or other such prizes (“Prize(s)”) as may be available in Producer’s and/or Broadcaster’s discretion. Prizes will not be awarded until after the broadcast of the final episode of the Program and in accordance with the procedures established by Producer, in its sole discretion.
6. You must be nineteen (19) years of age by November 1st, 2018.
7. You must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada.
8. You must be in good health and able to withstand the physical and mental rigour of participating on the Program.
9. You do not currently work as a professional chef.
10. All MasterChef Canada participants must be amateurs, if you have previous kitchen experience that the Producer deems could create an unfair advantage, you are not eligible. You are eligible if, for example:
a) you have never worked full-time in a kitchen as a cook, chef or in food preparation; and/or
b) you have never earned money from preparing food and/or cooking fresh food in a professional kitchen environment (i.e. restaurant, café, take-away, etc.) for more than six (6) weeks at a time in the last fifteen (15) years;
11. Your main source of income cannot come from preparing and cooking fresh food in a professional environment (i.e. restaurants, cafés, hotels, canteens, etc.).
12. You cannot have been convicted of any serious crime, the seriousness of which is to be determined by the Producer in its sole discretion.
13. If you are selected to be interviewed, you may be given, and must complete and return, any further application materials (including but not limited to medical history forms, psychological and health questionnaires), or submit further documentation (such as your birth certificate and/or other identification) as may be required by Producer, in its sole discretion, for the purposes of determining if you are physically and mentally capable of participating in the Program, for casting, and other such similar decisions in connection with your Application to the Program.
14. If selected as a finalist, you must complete the Participant Form Package, which will be provided by the Producer and will include, but is not limited to: Participant Agreement & Release, psychological and medical assessments, confidentiality agreement (including those for your immediate family members), caretaker agreement and other additional information as required by Producer. You must also submit to physical and psychological examinations by medical professional(s) selected by the Producer and meet all physical and psychological requirements.
15. By applying to participate in the Program, you authorize the Producer to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other types of background checks deemed necessary by the Producer.
16. Employees, officers, directors and agents of the Producer, Boat Rocker Media Inc., Bell Media Inc. (“Broadcaster”), or Endemol Shine International Limited (“Format Owner”) and/or of any of their respective parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, spousal equivalent, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live, and regardless of whether any of the above are step-relatives) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are NOT eligible to be participants in the Program or participate in this application process. Additionally, each of the Producer and Broadcaster reserves the right to render ineligible any person who either determines, in the sole discretion of either of them, is sufficiently connected with the production or distribution of the Program (including, through a connection to any sponsor of the Program or a contest or prize related thereto), such that his/her participation in the Program could result in or create the appearance of impropriety.
17. The Producer reserves the right to change any of the application terms at any time or to select or not select anyone at its sole discretion.
18. The Producer is looking for a dynamic group of individuals who are articulate, outgoing and interesting, who have a great passion for cooking, and would like the chance to pursue a career in the food industry. In addition, the Producer is looking for individuals who are willing to exert themselves and improve their abilities, and have the emotional, physical and psychological capacity to endure approximately forty (40) days of intense production.
The application deadline is September 30, 2018 at 11:59 pm Eastern Standard Time, but may be changed at any time.
All materials you send us (including photos and videotape, if any) will be retained by the Producer and will become the property of the Producer and will not be returned to you whether or not you are selected as a participant. Any expenses you incur during the application process including postage, shipping and materials preparation (videotape, photos, etc.) are your sole responsibility. The Producer will not reimburse you for these expenses.
Only one entry per applicant is allowed.
All decisions of the Producer are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or challenge.
If you have successfully completed the Application, you will receive an automatic email notification, however, the Producer will be unable to respond to any inquiries about your status as an applicant.
If you are selected for an interview, you will be advised by the Producer shortly before the interview is scheduled.
If you are selected to participate in the final selection process, you will be advised by the Producer shortly before the final selection process is scheduled.
Producer reserves the right to change the terms of the application and the production schedule at any time. Producer reserves the right to change the eligibility requirements and any other application rules in its sole discretion at any time with or without notice on a specific, case-by-case basis or across the entire application pool. Producer also reserves the right to not hold any participant applicant interviews, or to modify the manner in which it conducts participant applicant interviews, or to not produce the Program at all.
Please ensure all of the following documents have been reviewed carefully and are completed fully before they are submitted. Incomplete submissions will not be reviewed or considered for participation on the Program.
Thank you for your interest and good luck!
An Application includes the following:
Online Agreement and Release
One (1) recent photo of you
Optional video submission (for specific help on making a good video see our Video Tips
For further clarity this means you will be submitting the following:
Filling out 1 Online Application per applicant
1 x Photo
1 x Video (optional). Please ensure there is no background music on your video.