WHAT MAKES A GREAT VIDEO?
Here are some tips to think about when making your video:
- Your video should be no longer than 3-5 minutes for your song or mash-up and 3-5 minutes to tell us about yourself. Try to keep the entire length of your video(s) to 8 minutes. We recommend and prefer ONE video per application, however there is an optional space provided for an additional video if required. If you are submitting both as a solo artist and as a group you will need to submit two applications and two videos.
- We want to see a video of you singing a song that best describes you as an artist or a group. Have someone accompany you if you don’t play an instrument. Choose a song that shows us the full range of your talent and sing it like you own it!
- The number one thing is: BE YOURSELF! We also want to get to know you or your group. Tell us about yourself. If you are in a group, tell us about each other and how you became a group. We want to hear your story.
- We generally do not consider a picture montage to be a great application video.
- This show is about performing, singing, collaborating and creating a hit song. Perform your heart out! What we’re looking for is the most talented artist and we want to see the real you in your video. And don’t forget to have fun!
- If shooting indoors, make sure to shoot in a well-lit room with lights in front of you to light your face.
- Avoid shooting in front of a window with bright sunlight streaming in, as this will cause silhouetting.
- When shooting outdoors, avoid shooting with the sun directly behind you, as this will also cause silhouetting.
- Shoot during the day so we can see you instead of trying to see you in the dark.
- Speak loudly and clearly.
- Find a relatively quiet area to shoot your video, so ambient noises won’t distract us from what you’re saying.
- If shooting indoors, avoid shooting in loud and crowded rooms where your voice will be drowned out by other people.
- If shooting outdoors, avoid shooting in loud areas and/or when it’s windy as the wind will distort the microphone.
- Please shoot landscape (horizontal) and not portrait (vertical) style.
SIZE AND FORMAT
- We recommend you create and upload a new video.
- You have the option to upload your video or provide a link from YouTube or Vimeo. If you are providing a link, please ensure that your video is unlisted and password protected.
- Please ensure your video is less than 80MB and in one of the following file formats: mpg, mpeg, flv, avi, mp4, mov, 3gp, wmv, mv4.