CTV rolls out unprecedented coverage for the Oscars
From celebrity interviews and red carpet fashion to the awards show broadcast and after parties, CTV has you covered when it comes to the Oscars, airing live across the country Sunday, Feb. 24 at 8:30 p.m. ET on CTV (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
This year, CTV grants viewers unparalleled access: for the first time ever, viewers can enhance their Oscars experience with a live stream of the show exclusively at CTV.ca and the CTV Mobile channel on Bell Mobile TV.
Before the awards are underway, Canada’s official red carpet special “CTV at the Oscars” airs live across the country at 6 p.m. ET on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV Mobile (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times) and repeats at 8:30 p.m. ET on E!.
This year, “CTV at the Oscars” offers two sought-after positions on the red carpet, including the exclusive balcony position, capturing all the red carpet arrivals from a birds-eye view. “ETALK” anchor Ben Mulroney delivers celebrity interviews from the red carpet, while E! host Leah Miller is joined on the balcony by special guest correspondent Jay Manuel to discuss red carpet fashion. Red carpet coverage continues on CTV Two with “Oscars Red Carpet Live!” at 7 p.m. ET. This red carpet special then moves to CTV and continues at 8 p.m. ET (visit CTV.ca to confirm local broadcast times).
When the lights come up on film’s biggest event of the year, viewers can visit CTV.ca for the “CTV at the Oscars” red carpet special live stream (6 – 7 p.m. ET), followed by the first-ever live stream of the full broadcast (8:30 – 11:30 p.m. ET). From their computer or on the mobile-optimized site, visitors to CTV.ca/LiveChat can dish with Canada’s queen of fashion Jeanne Beker and TheLoop.ca’s Eden Bluestein during the red carpet special, and then join gossip maven and ETALK reporter Lainey and host of MTV’s “Movie Night” with Matt Wells during the broadcast of the award show.
In the final days leading up to the most exciting award show of the year, CTV.ca/Oscars offers film buffs a Best Picture Nominee photo gallery, the latest Oscar news, and exclusive video blogs from Mulroney, Miller, and Manuel. Fans can also relive the magic of the night with a winner’s photo gallery, red carpet photo gallery, and video clips available Monday, Feb. 25. Plus, “CTV at the Oscars” and The Oscars broadcast will be available on demand the day after the broadcast on CTV.ca, the CTV App, and the CTV Mobile channel available on Bell Mobile TV.
Bell Media’s comprehensive OSCAR Coverage:
Pre-OSCAR Coverage (all times ET)
• Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. on CTV and 6 p.m. on E! – ETALK kicks off OSCAR weekend, as ETALK’s Ben Mulroney and Lainey report from the middle of all the action in Los Angeles. Plus, L.A. correspondent Jessi Cruickshank catches up with OSCAR host Seth MacFarlane before the big night.
• Thursday, Feb. 21 at 7 p.m. on Discovery – DAILY PLANET presents an OSCAR preview, with a behind-the-scenes look at how Canadian James Jacobs helped develop an all-new technique found in Peter Jackson’s OSCAR-nominated film The Hobbit.
• Friday, Feb. 22 beginning at 6 a.m. on CTV – CANADA AM showcases the 2013 OSCAR®-nominee highlights, and Josh Groban and CANADA AM’s film critic Richard Crouse join an OSCAR® panel, weighing in on this year’s nominees and sharing their winning picks.
• Friday, Feb. 22 at 10 a.m. on CTV – THE MARILYN DENIS SHOW features an OSCAR-inspired segment about red carpet hair styles.
• Friday, Feb. 22 at 7 p.m. on CTV and 6 p.m. on E! – While reporting from Los Angeles, ETALK anchors Ben Mulroney and Tanya Kim, along with Lainey, weigh in on their favourites to win the golden statue.
• Saturday, Feb. 23 at 7 p.m. on CTV – W5 reveals the real story of Canadian heroism not depicted in OSCAR-favourite Argo, featuring interviews with Ben Affleck, real life hostages, and the Canadian Ambassador who masterminded the rescue.
OSCAR Day Coverage (all times ET)
• 1:30 p.m. on E! – COUNTDOWN TO THE RED CARPET: THE 2013 ACADEMY AWARDS
• 2 p.m. on CTV – ETALK UNCENSORED: OSCARS 2013 delivers a crash course in all-things OSCAR.
• 5:30 p.m. on E! – LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET: THE 2013 ACADEMY AWARDS• 6 p.m. on CTV, CTV.ca, and CTV Mobile channel and 8:30 p.m. on E! – CTV AT THE OSCARS
• 6 p.m. on CTV.ca/LiveChat – Live chat throughout red carpet programming, and THE OSCARS
• 7 p.m. on CTV Two – OSCARS RED CARPET LIVE! hosted by Grammy® Award-winning singer Kelly Rowland, Tony® award-winning actress Kristin Chenoweth, Entertainment Weekly managing editor Jess Cagle and GOOD MORNING AMERICA anchor Lara Spencer
• 8 p.m. on CTV – OSCARS RED CARPET LIVE!
• 8:30 p.m. on CTV – THE OSCARS hosted by Seth MacFarlane
• 11:30 p.m. on E! – E! AFTER PARTY: THE 2013 ACADEMY AWARDS
Post-OSCAR Coverage (all times ET)
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 6 a.m. on CTV – CTV’s Melissa Grelo joins CANADA AM and CP24 BREAKFAST live from Los Angeles to recap all the highs and lows from OSCAR night.
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 9 a.m. on CTV – LIVE! WITH KELLY AND MICHAEL’S AFTER OSCAR SHOW is broadcast live from the Dolby Theatre, as Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan get the OSCAR scoop about the festivities from the winners and presenters.
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 7 p.m. on CTV and 6 p.m. on E! – ETALK recaps the night featuring coverage from that most buzzed-about after parties, backstage moments, and exclusive red carpet coverage as Ben Mulroney, Tanya Kim, Lainey, and Jessi Cruickshank report from L.A.
• Monday, Feb. 25 at 8:30 p.m. ET on E! – FASHION POLICE: THE 2013 ACADEMY AWARDS features the best and worst dressed at this year’s OSCARS.
Gracing the stage as presenters this year are some of Hollywood’s prestigious A-listers including last year's OSCAR winners Meryl Streep, Jean Dujardin, Octavia Spencer and Christopher Plummer. Additional presenters include Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston, and Paul Rudd; this year’s OSCAR nominees Jessica Chastain, and Jennifer Lawrence; past OSCAR winners Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Nicole Kidman, Michael Douglas, Jamie Foxx, and Reese Witherspoon; Mark Wahlberg and his teddy bear co-star, Ted; The Avengers Cast Robert Downey Jr., Chris Evans, Samuel L. Jackson, Jeremy Renner, and Mark Ruffalo; and a reunion of the Academy Award-winning film Chicago starring Richard Gere, Queen Latifah, Renée Zellweger, and Catherine Zeta-Jones. Also set to make special appearances are OSCAR-winner Charlize Theron, Channing Tatum, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and Daniel Radcliffe. These stars are joined by a stellar list of OSCAR performers including Adele, Norah Jones, and Barbra Streisand.