‘Motive’ Q&A: Get to know Roger Cross
On “Motive" Roger Cross plays Staff Sgt. Boyd Bloom.
After a bullet sidelined him from doing what he loves -- being out in the field -- Bloom is now tasked with keeping Vancouver homicide detectives, Angie Flynn (Kristin Lehman) and Oscar Vega (Louis Ferreira), in line.
Find out how eating a lot of pizza helped Cross prepare for the role and other fun facts below.
1. If you weren’t an actor, would you like to do the job your character does?
Not if he's desk-bound, I'd go stir-crazy!
2. What traits do you admire about your character? Are there any you wish you had?
His perseverance. I'm an actor, perseverance is a requirement.
3. What special training did you to do to prepare for this role?
Eat a lot of pizza!
4. What’s one thing your character always has on his or her desk?
5. What’s your favourite prop to use on the show and why?
My coffee cup filled with herbal tea!
6. What is your character’s vice of choice?
7. If you could star in a re-make of a classic film, which film would you choose and who would you want to play?
“Guess Who's Coming To Dinner’s” John Prentice.
8. What superpower would your character like to have and why? What would you have in real-life?
To be able to read people's minds! And the ability to freeze time!
"Motive" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. Full episodes are also available online at CTV.ca.