‘Motive’ Q&A: Get to know Lauren Holly
Lauren Holly has played a deputy sheriff in “Picket Fences,” a naval director in “NCIS” and Jim Carrey’s love interest in “Dumb and Dumber,” and in “Motive," the actress will take on the role of a medical examiner.
To prepare for her role as Dr. Betty Rogers, Holly spoke with a coroner in Vancouver and spent some time in a real morgue. Even though she finds the work fascinating, the actress doesn’t think her stomach could handle the job!
Find out more fun facts about Holly and her character below.
1. If you weren’t an actor, would you like to be a medical examiner like your character?
Nope! Though I recognize its value, and I find the science fascinating, I’m not sure my stomach could handle it.
2. What traits do you admire about your character, Dr. Betty Rogers? Are there any you wish you had?
She is smart and has a wicked sense of humour. I like to humour myself and think we have these things in common.
3. What special training did you to do to prepare for this role?
I was lucky enough to pick the brain of a coroner, and to spend some time observing in a real morgue. Once the weakness in my legs passed, I gradually got used to the smell and realized how fascinating the work is.
4. What’s one thing your character always has on her desk?
Glasses are everywhere!
5. What’s your favourite prop to use or favourite piece of clothing to wear on the show?
I think it is those same pair of glasses. I always have a few pairs around -- just so I can find them when I need them. I like to try out all the different funky styles.
6. What is Betty Rogers’ vice of choice? Is it similar to any real-life ones you have?
I’m gonna say that she likes to end her day with a cocktail. Me too.
7. If you could star in a re-make of a classic film, which film would it be and who would you want to play?
Don’t know. These kinds of questions are always stumpers for me. If they are classics, leave them alone!
8. What superpower would your character like to have and why? What would you have in real-life?
I think both of us would like to be able to read minds. That ability would sure save us both a lot of time!
"Motive" airs Sundays at 9 p.m. ET/PT on CTV. Full episodes are also available online at CTV.ca.