Detective Angie Flynn
Kristin LehmanA staple in television both north and south of the border, actress Kristin Lehman transitions from her standout role as campaign advisor in the critically lauded murder mystery THE KILLING, into the lead role in CTV’s new procedural crime drama MOTIVE. Also on the horizon, is Toronto International Film Festival® favourite Arthur Newman, a romantic comedy co-starring Oscar®-winner Colin Firth and Emily Blunt, and the thriller The Loft with James Marsden and Karl Urban.
No stranger to series television, Kristin previously starred in DRIVE with Emma Stone, PRISON BREAK with The Loft co-star Wentworth Miller, KILLER INSTINCT, TILT, CENTURY CITY with Viola Davis, JUDGING AMY, STRANGE WORLD, and FELICITY with Keri Russell and Scott Speedman. Her film credits include: The Sentinel with Michael Douglas, The Chronicles of Riddick with Vin Diesel and Judi Dench, and The Way of the Gun with Benicio Del Toro.
Born and raised in Vancouver, Kristin and her husband are also the proud parents of a 4-year-old son.
Detective Angie FlynnBACKGROUND:
• A single mom, Angie lives with her teenage son, Manny, in a rented house in a working class neighbourhood.
• She drives a “classic” Oldsmobile Hurst, no CD player, no Bluetooth.
• Angie lives her life on her terms. She’s a good mom and a great homicide detective.
• Angie barrels through investigations like a semi-truck, impulsively saying whatever comes to her mind to whomever she’s speaking to.
• Experience has taught her to ignore the party line and pay attention to that nagging feeling in her gut instead.
• She’s always had a soft spot for the underdog, and spends more time caring and fighting for others than she does for herself.
• Taking her at face value, suspects often make the mistake of believing they’re smarter than her and that they can outwit her.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
• A sixth sense when it comes to bullshit. She knows when a perp is lying, and she can smell when something’s not right.
• The hard knocks of her life have made her tough, resilient, and determined not to give up.
• She learns from every mistake, every bad relationship, and every job.
• While Angie may be a force of nature, she’s also caring, a dangerous combination for a criminal desperately trying to hide the truth of their crime.