Despite the ongoing tragedy, love is in the air on Thursday's episode of 'Grey's Anatomy'
We’re only two (soon to be three!) episodes into Season 9 of “Grey’s Anatomy,” and there’s already been a season’s worth of drama!
- We’ve lost McSteamy (sob!)
- Cristina’s bailed on Seattle for Minnesota.
- Derek can’t operate due to the numbness in his hand (Will he start blaming Meredith for that safety-pin field dressing she used post-crash?)
- Callie broke the promise she made to Arizona not to cut off her leg by agreeing to amputation once the infection got too advanced not to.
- Aaaaand, Meredith has been renamed "Medusa" by the new bunch of residents.
But it’s not all bad – Bailey has been re-nicknamed “Booty Call Bailey” due to her on-call room shenanigans with her dashing nurse-fella and Owen found April on a farm and asked her to come back to Seattle Grace. Finally, a returning, not departing character!
In Thursday's episode, titled "Love the One You're With," however, the Hollywood Reporter reveals that Owen failed to mention April’s return to any of the other doctors, including Jackson (oops!) so her homecoming is more awkward than celebratory.
They also report that Cristina’s going to be getting flirty with a Minnesota doc and Karev is going to try making the moves on one of the new interns (against Callie’s biting advice!)
No word yet when Neve Campbell will be making her appearance as Derek’s psychiatrist sister, but it’s in the works!
Check out more 'Grey's' spoilers at the Hollywood Reporter.
“Grey’s Anatomy” airs Thursdays at 9 p.m. ET on CTV. Full episodes are also available online at CTV.ca.
About Lindsay Zier-Vogel
Lindsay Zier-Vogel has been working for CTV.ca since 2008. Lindsay’s highlights include interviewing the famed American choreographer Bill T. Jones and Canadian prima ballerina Karen Kain, as well as covering the Juno Awards. Follow her on Twitter!